Our alma mater, Bandaranayake Central College was established in 1941, together with the Central Colleges concept of honorable C. W. W. Kannangara, the Father of free education. It is located in an enchanting environment which is similar to the surrounding of University of Peradeniya. Our intention is to provide a proud generation inculcated with Sinhala culture, Buddhist civilisation along with perfect skills.
According to the college moto, “Aththahi aththano naatho” the verse from Dhammapada, initially leads to the development of the empowerment. Mother Bandaranayake is the centre of the glamor of mixed schools in Siyane koralaya.
The youngest generation is the scholars of grade 5 and it runs through out all the Advanced level streams of Arts, Commerce, Sciences andTechnical studies. Withholding the pride of being the one and only ownership of boxing ring and the shooting ground along with the 400m track, we are an icon to be the first of the Attanagalle devision in sports providing individuals for the National sports. Mother Bandaranayake fertiled with fragrance of flowers nourished with fruits and paddies. At the entrance students pay homage to Lord Buddha and be contemporaneous. The shrine room and the Bo tree is the heritage to develop the students’ behaviour.
The quarterly magazine “Sipsara” adds fame to the college. Numerous activities, exhibitions, sportsmeets, annual blood donation camps, prize giving, religious events, “Suwa-Piyasa” the helping hand of a medical practitioner, are some of the events that bring dignity to our alma mater. The railway, running along at the edge of the premises not only provides wonderful memories in the hearts of our students’ but also takes the fame of our alma mater through out the country and the world as well.
Mr. H.A.W.K. Herath